Travelling has always been a regular part of an extensive range of individuals. These individuals may include young people, middle-aged people, and those who have reached sixty. Indistinguishably, the utmost honesty that Magellan’s unit models represent in real-time can not be avoided.
Even the Magellan Roadmate 1412 GPS device is available with various features that can direct you in the right direction to reach your destinations. Also, the features of this cult-classic unit model of Magellan must be known before you would want an option to buy the same. With accurate measurements of longitudes and latitudes, they can help you reach different unspecified territories of the planet.
Now, take a look at the characteristics of the Magellan Roadmate 1412 unit:—
A lightweight, ultra-thin, pocket-sized, and stylish GPS unit, the Magellan RoadMate 1412 has a anti-glare display with 4.3-inch display. This tool gives you an extended list of over 6 million points of interest.
Pre-loaded address locations:
It’s easy with this GPS to locate gas stations, food joints, accommodation, and ATMs. Also, the pre-installed US, Canada, and Puerto Rico maps are available. The menu is very intuitive, so searching and selecting the destination is simple. It also gives the ability to stay or avoid the freeways, choose the shortest path, or arrive at the fastest time.
Smart Detour feature:
The 1412 receiver’s Smart Detour role can efficiently redirect your route at times you get stuck in heavy congestion. For this unit model, the available Magellan RoadMate GPS update uses this function optimally to recalculate the approximate route. Within the specified time, one can reach the destination. Such routing can increase fuel efficiency, vehicle performance, and eventually save costs.
Let’s address the steps for installing the best version of this RoadMate Magellan Map Update. Following are the steps:
Steps for Downloading the Compatible Magellan RoadMate 1412
You must connect the device to the computer via a USB cable to download map updates for your RoadMate 1412 GPS unit, and then check whether or not the internet receives excellent signals. After reviewing them, you have to start with:-
- Open your web browser and visit Magellan’s website, SmartGPS Eco. You must register yourself first by creating an account if you are a newbie. Otherwise, you can log in directly with your email address and password credentials. Wait until the support option from Magellan is visible on the screen of the computer.
- Now, click and find an option that says Add my Computer. You must select it so that the version of Magellan’s server can recognize your RoadMate system.
- Click the Map and Map Updates button after the computer is identified. It will allow this device’s navigation system to spot the best Magellan RoadMate 1412 update that will fulfil all your travel needs.
- After reading the demands, it withholds, installs the one from the list of available updates. Follow all the update wizard instructions and continue to click Next until the installation installs the upgrade you need.
- Disconnect both your computer’s USB cord and the 1412 GPS device. The reason is the completion of the installation. You can now enjoy the features of this system for hassle-free long-distance commuting.
If one follows all the steps mentioned above with minimal error frequency, the preloaded maps of Canada, the USA, and Puerto Rico can be accessed. Nonetheless, one can spend time on points of interest (present in the Magellan Roadmate 1412 GPS model recipient directory) such as restaurants, hotels, spas, resorts, and other wildlife sanctuaries with their acquaintances.