Magellan Content Manager is an all-in-one management software for Magellan devices. If it is for Windows or Mac OS, it is available for free. With this Content Manager, you can monitor your system settings and get Magellan GPS updates. Address books, navigation settings, downloaded material, free Magellan GPS maps (also payable), and general settings are other items you can handle. Here are some golden tips for you before you proceed with the Magellan Content Manager thing.
Tips to Install Magellan Content Manager Successfully
Content Manager before you start downloading or installing it. The following stuff you should check:
- The internet offers excellent performance.
- The WIFI network works well.
- Your system is well connected to your network with WIFI.
- There is no other download or installation phase on the device.
- Close all other heavy applications on the computer
- Disable your anti-virus/firewall (temporarily).
- Reduce the number of devices connected to your network through Wi-Fi.
Once all these things are reviewed and done in order now is the time to reach the mark. Let us begin the process of learning.
Download Magellan Content Manager
Our first need to have it with you to use the content manager to update your Magellan GPS. We understand that installing a Content Manager is your primary concern. But you first need to download it for installation.
The trip to get a functioning content manager begins with the same download. Don’t feel lost, as we clarify step by step how to get one with you.
- Get your browser started.
- Go to Magellan’s official website.
- Locate the download section.
- Content Manager is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- To begin the downloading process, click on the download button/link.
- A new window will pop up asking your device to drive for the location.
- Navigate to your desired location and click OK.
Now, wait until the progress bar for downloading keeps rolling. If the uploading process is finished, the progress window will go away.
Installing Magellan Content Manager
The thing you’ve been waiting for since you landed on this post comes here. Now, since you have downloaded the content manager app, it’s time to install it.
How to install the Magellan Content Manager? This section will correctly answer your question. Let’s get the job started.
- Go to the folder from the Magellan website that you have downloaded.
- If this file is executable, double-click it (to run.)
- If it is a folder, open the folder and scan for an executable program or file.
- To initiate the installation process, double click on this file.
- A progress bar shows the on-going installation progress.
- Only sit back and wait until the process is over.
- During installation, some windows can pop-up. These can ask for data on location, language, and time zone.
- Do give your consent to any time zone entry, current location, etc.
If the installation process is over, you will see the same post.
You installed the Content Manager on your device successfully. Now, to get all the Magellan map alerts, you can register your GPS with it.
It would be best if you upgraded the Magellan GPS next time. All you need to do is link your machine to your computer.
Launch your content manager and login with the credentials of your Magellan account.
You can call us at our toll-free numbers for any more help with Magellan GPS update problems: Reach us at 1-888-345-3890.