Established in 1986, Magellan GPS is one of the leading portable navigation companies and is regarded as an innovator and a pioneer in the industry. It offers the highest qualities of a GPS that retains the interest of many people. All Magellan devices are renowned for providing excellent features that make the journey more straightforward for users. While all Magellan GPS devices are outstanding in performance, people experience problems with their GPS devices.
Also, there are many ways to address the Magellan device-related problems. Thus, by resetting the GPS, the user can access the updated data properly without any problem. Therefore, we have discussed step-by-step instructions on how to reset a Magellan GPS for all users here.
Ways to reset a Magellan GPS device
In order to resolve the GPS problems, all users are advised to perform the reset procedure. Resetting GPS devices can help fix any mistakes made by the user when updating Magellan GPS or firmware.
The following are the ways to reset a GPS device. So follow the steps as discussed below.
1. Reset Magellan Device with Main Menu
Complete the following steps to reset the Magellan GPS using the main menu.
- On the GPS device, click on the ‘Main Menu’ option.
- Then select the ‘View’ option from there.
- After this, Tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Then tap on the option “Restore Factory Settings.
- Now, on the screen, a confirmation message will appear.
- Click on the “confirm” button from there to reset the device.
So, go on now and read the other techniques to reset the Magellan GPS as well.
2. Reset GPS device with the Power button
With the help of the power button, the user can reset their Magellan GPS device. So, scroll down and follow the steps mentioned below.
- On the GPS device, find the power button.
- Check the label after this and move it on the “OFF” side.
- Then, for 8-10 seconds, hold the button.
- Release the power button after that.
- The GPS device can now reboot on its own; turn it ON manually if it does not.
- After this, the device with its original factory settings will switch ON.
Note: Rebooting/Resetting the device will erase all settings or local data.
3. Reset Magellan GPS device with the Pinhole Button
If the touchscreen is not responding, reset the Magellan GPS device by doing the following steps.
- Take out the GPS device unit from the vehicle.
- After this, Find the tiny hole found at the back or bottom of the GPS device.
- There is a “Reset” label indicated on the tiny hole.
- With the help of the pointed object, push this button.
- Continue to press the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- The GPS will turn OFF and go through the RESET mode after this.
- Now, after a couple of seconds, switch ON the device.
Most possibly, the GPS device will start working correctly by applying these steps.
The user can quickly reset the GPS device with the assistance of all these methods. In addition, they should all contact the experts for assistance if any user fails to perform the reset procedure. The Magellan GPS professionals are always there to support the users. So, get in touch with the professionals without wasting much time and ask them for guidance on resetting the Magellan system.